Weekly Summary PagePre-K/Kindergarten
This class we learned about the holiday of Tu B’Shevat. We watched a video on what we eat and drink for Tu B’Shevat and how we celebrate the birthday of the trees. Then we colored some trees and a book on Tu B’Shevat. Then we talked about the good deeds we do, like planting a tree for Tu B’Shevat.
- This is the list the class came up with together:
- Helped a friend reach their jacket
- Helped a friend when they were sad
- Helped a friend in karate
- Helped my sister get down to the ground
- Helped mom take out the trash
- Helped mom and dad do dishes
- Planted with mom
- Clean my room
- Donate to charity
- Donate hair for people who need it for wigs
- Donate toys to people who don’t have enough money to buy them themselves
- Donate clothes
- Cheer up a baby when he was crying and play with him
Then, we watched a video on giving and tzedakah. Everyone got to make their own tzedakah box that they can collect spare change and when full, can donate the money to someone/place in need. Ask your child what tzedakah is and where they would like to donate their tzedakah money.
Next class (March 8th, 2020) we will be celebrating and exploring one of my favorite holidays, Purim! I look forward to seeing everyone in their costumes and cheerful smiles!
Rachel Rogers is the PreK/Kindergarten Teacher at SSJS